Sergio joined Accenture in April 2017 and joined the Google Account to design and implement a Java Stubby RPC Client. Today, he is an Application Developer Specialist Associate Manager and is responsible for project plans, project acquisitions, project compliance, writing and reviewing proposals, SOW, PRD, PDD, evaluating requirements from stakeholders, architecture design, writing code, code reviews, resource allocation, pricing and providing status reports to stakeholder & senior managers.
As a Software Engineer (2017), Sergio implemented the Pixel API to allow subscription for Marketing Emails to Pixel Phone users. After Pixel API, other products used the same methodology to target different products for the Hardware Team (Pixelbook, Pixel Slate, etc).
In June 2018, he was promoted to Associate Manager for proactively leading different teams to deliver client requirements since January 2018. In 2019, joined the Google Fiber Team to manage and lead the Internal Customer Service Platform.
Currently is responsible for managing dashboards, KB articles, lead, assign and prioritize tasks to the offshore team, project plan and status report to stakeholder & senior managers. Provides additional assistance to the Hardware Team and project acquisition by reviewing of proposals and resource evaluations.
This is a simple example on how to connect to AWS S3 with the following technologies:
- NetBeans IDE 8.0.2
- GlassFish Server 4.1
- Java EE 7 Web
- JavaServer Faces 2.2
- Primefaces 5.0
- AWS SDK 1.10.11
- Libs Used: aws-java-sdk-1.10.11, httpcomponents-client-4.5-bin and joda-time-2.8.2
Using Java EE, GlassFish, Hibernate, JSF, PrimeFaces, Generic DAO...
San Francisco, CA, USA - August 2015
This is a simple example on how to create a web page using the following technology:
- NetBeans IDE 8.0.2
- Java EE 7 Web
- GlassFish Server 4.1
- JavaServer Faces 2.2
- Hibernate 4.3.1
- PostgreSQL 9.4
- Primefaces 5.0
On this example, will be presented the following Architecture:
- Singleton for access the SessionFactory of Hibernate
- Working with stakeholders on requirements gathering. Creating user stories, budget requirement, resource estimation, sprint planning/executing and revising project plan when appropriate to meet changing needs/requirements.
- Designed and implemented a Java API to handle RPC calls and store the information in a specific database.
- Designed and implemented a Data Pipeline to improve survey campaigns by crossing data from an external client (API Call) saving the data in a specific database and create a file to be used by the email service.
- Responsible for the project plan, design, consulting with client, writing code, assigning tasks, solving technical issues, testing products and writing proposals.
- Lead a group of four developers which includes daily standups, presentations to stakeholders, dashboards, reviews of code and unit test.
- Handled recruitment, training and performance review.
- Received multiple Exceptional Achievement Awards for consistently showing leadership and meeting deadlines during challenging situations.
Application Development Specialist Associate Manager
- Gained client confidence by eliminating barriers and meeting a very aggressive deadline.
- Secured multiple contracts with the client in excess of $4M.
- Promoted to Associate Manager in June 2018 for proactively leading different teams to deliver client requirements since January 2018.
- Responsible for SoW, Change Orders and interviewing candidates to allocate personnel to projects and other tasks.
- Main point of contact between the Client (Google) and Accenture Software Engineers. Responsible for code reviews, project compliance (e.g. security, privacy, documentation, etc) and ensuring the efficient development of the project.
Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil - September 2011 to Present
- Developed an online tool that integrates the Twitter´s social network and the account @RadarBlitzPOA to perform automatic actions on the profile in order to automate its account. The overall goal is to perform predetermined actions enabling constant updating on the account without user interaction.
- The application was developed in Java EE, Tomcat 7, MySQL 5 and is currently hosted by AWS (Amazon Web Services).
- @RadarBlitzPOA account has now more than 300k followers and the application works 24/7. The software is up and running since September 2011. No bugs where found and no changes in the code were needed.
- For more information about the application developed, please download this document (language: pt-BR).
San Francisco, CA, USA - September 2014 to August 2016 (2 years)
- Developed the Build Group Portal that includes the Warranty, Project Management and others features for administration purposes. Technologies used: Java, Glassfish, Primefaces, Hibernate, PostGreSQL, Amazon Web Services (AWS includes: Elastic Beanstalk, S3, RDS, EC2, CodeCommit, CodeDeploy and Administration and Security Management for Users and Network Security) and AWS SDK (to integrate the Portal with the AWS).
- The Warranty Module manages the warranty period of the company projects between the warranty manager and owner's representative with Build Group.
- The Project Management manages the Change Orders process such as RFI, PCO, RFP... sending emails that requires the user to log in into the portal to answer, approve, submit files, etc. The software was developed to support internal and external users, having different roles and access to the website.
- Attended to the Insperity training and supported the RH and Accounting to use the Insperity Software as a management tool for Time and Attendance (time card, time approve and time punch) and others functionalities. The time punch includes the configuration of the Clocks to punch in and out, used in the company offices and some jobsites.
- Interact with SalesForce to insure the development needs to the company.
- Software and Hardware Research to Time Attendance and Employee Tracking.
- Developed a Website for Build Group Manufacturing.
- Developed a Website for Pro-Shore.
- Developed a Website for Solumbria.
- Marketing Analysis to improve Build Group Website to acquire new clients.
- Confirms product performance by designing and conducting tests.
- Review Project by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Determines project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements and performance standards; completing technical studies; preparing cost estimates.
Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil - July 2012 to February 2014 (1 year 8 months)
Successfully designed and developed Android applications for the R&D area, developed and supported a live user application to support requests (WebService) from clients (Android, iOS and Win8) using Java, MySQL and others languages and tools. Designed and programmed a WebService communication tool to interface between Clients and Cloud services such as Box, DropBox, SkyDrive, Facebook and SnapFish.
- Assign, track and monitor technical activities of the project team;
- Lead investigations, decisions and technical definitions;
- Ensure that the documentation is consistent and in accordance with the requirements;
- Lead technical review meetings and support sections review of defects;
- Report technical problems to the project team and coordinator;
- Interact with the Technical Lead and Test Engineer of Hewlett-Packard in order to understand and troubleshoot technical issues.
Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil - April 2011 to July 2012 (1 year 4 months)
Worked as part of a team developing and implementing the software (UniFO), using C++ as main language and C, SQL (PostgreSQL). Designed Web Services to communicate with the PHP Interface, Shell Script, XML, SVN and other tools needed to develop the project. UniFO is a sophisticated, robust fault-tolerant system that synchronizes information with in-store applications across multiple formats, countries, currencies and languages. The software creates low cost of ownership as it is hardware-independent, runs on legacy hardware, allows multiple stores to share a single server and does not require additional operating system licenses. Based on Linux Operational System (Slack), UniFO is utilized in retail chains such as Hypermarkets, Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Consumer Electronics, Appliances, Sports, Apparel, Shoes, Book Stores, Pharmacies and Catering around Europe, Middle East, America and Africa.
Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil - October 2009 to April 2011 (1 year 7 months)
Developed C/C++ Applications using Borland Builder C++ and Microsoft Visual Studio as IDE. The applications were test programs to transfer data (in ISO8583 format) to a gateway application for POS (Points of Sale), using Threads, ISO8583 Standard for Financial Transaction Card Originated Messages and Sockets. Additionally, developed an application to verify the ISO8583 message and built a part of the Gateway that integrates the communication of credit card transactions messages (ISO8583) between the POS and the Bank Santander (Chile and Brazil).
Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil - June 2009 to October 2009 (5 months)
Internship developer at PUC-RS on Embedded System Group developing a Java Web Application using JSP, JSF and MySQL to integrate the RFID System. Developed a Windows Mobile Application to read RFID tags and another Mobile Application using J2ME that utilizes Google Maps API with GPS service as research.
@ Direkt Marketing Direto
Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil - November 2008 . April 2009 (6 months)
Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil - April 2006 to March 2008 (2 years)
Internship programmer for mobile using C language based on PalmOS environment. Also, developed new software to migrate the PalmOS Software to Symbian, using C++ language and an application test for the API created by the company that fixed many bugs.